Do You Want a Fair and Glamorous Complexion Without Breaking the Bank? Try These DIY Face Masks!
You don’t have to keep going to a spa or a skin clinic to have a silky, glamorous complexion! The best ingredients for potent face masks are right in your own home — fresh, natural, and without additives that may irritate your skin.
Come and discover the wonders of these DIY face masks from Reader’s Digest Asia:
- Moisturizing Magic of Bananas. Bananas are among the healthiest fruits in the world. They are a powerhouse of many kinds of vitamins, fiber, potassium, magnesium, and antioxidants which help in boosting metabolism and fighting against many diseases, including cancer, heart ailments, and type 2 diabetes. When it comes to skincare, you will marvel at its ability to fight aging, hydrate the skin, reduce inflammation, heal wounds, and treat acne. It’s also so quick to turn into a face mask by simply mashing a medium-sized banana and applying the paste gently on your face and neck. Leave it for 10 to 20 minutes, using cold water to rinse it off afterward. Another great DIY banana face mask is composed of 1 medium banana, 1 tablespoon honey, and 1/4 cup plain yogurt.
- Exfoliate and Moisturize with a Lemon Face Mask. This is another easy DIY face mask that will get rid of dead skin cells and hydrate your complexion. Just mix the juice from 1 lemon with 1/4 cup of sweet almond oil or olive oil.
- DIY Face Mask with Apple Cider Vinegar. Did you know that the legendary beauty, Helen of Troy, used to bathe in vinegar in order to relax? The ancient Babylonians had also used it as a condiment and preservative, while Caesar’s armies consumed vinegar as a beverage (most probably diluted and sweetened). You can begin using 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with 2 cups of water to rinse your face after washing. This will help in deep cleansing and tightening of pores. For a homemade face mask, just mix 1/4 cup cider vinegar with 1/4 cup water, apply it gently on your face, and allow it to dry.
- Satin-Soft Complexion with DIY Milk Face Mask. When it comes to skincare, milk offers many benefits, just as it does to a person’s overall health. You can rely on its rejuvenating powers as well as its potency against aging and acne. For a quick homemade milk face mask, just dissolve 1/4 cup powdered milk in enough volume of water in order to create a thick paste. Afterward, apply the milky paste thickly on your complexion and let dry thoroughly. Then, just wash your face with warm water, and you can easily tell the difference!
- Hydrate Your Face with Oatmeal. Oatmeal is considered one of the world’s superfoods. It’s highly recommended by nutritionists for its high fiber content and prebiotics that help to improve the health of a person’s gut microbiome, regulate blood sugar, and lower the risk of heart disease . But oats are an amazing ingredient to add to one’s skincare regimen, too. Simply mix 1/3 cup oatmeal and 1/2 cup hot water (not boiling). After 2 – 3 minutes, add 2 tablespoons plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons honey, and 1 small egg white to the mixture. Then, gently apply a thin layer of the oatmeal mask to your face and let it nourish your skin for 10 to 15 minutes. Afterward, rinse with warm water.
- Homemade Face Mask with Healthy Mayonnaise. Why spend more money on expensive creams when you have one of the most potent ingredients to glamorize your hair and skin? Yes, mayonnaise can benefit not just the skin but a person’s hair and overall health as well. That’s because it is rich in vitamin E, vitamin K, and protein, which strengthen immunity, promote bone health, and decrease the risk of heart disease by preventing calcification in the arteries. As a face mask, you can count on healthy mayo to remove dead skin cells, moisturize your complexion, and leave a silky feel after washing with cold water. Simply spread it on your face, leave it on for approximately 20 minutes, and rinse.
- Yogurt DIY Face Mask. Feel the extraordinary cleansing and anti-aging power of yogurt with this recipe. Just combine 1 teaspoon plain yogurt with the juice from 1/4 slice of orange, some orange pulp, and 1 teaspoon of aloe. Apply the mixture on your face gently, leave it on for at least five minutes, and rinse off.
- Experience the Revitalizing Potency of Mustard in a Face Mask. Mustard is great not only for sandwiches and vinaigrettes, but for skin care as well. In fact, it’s been used in traditional medicine since the ancient Greek and Roman periods. Mustard is as healthy as any cruciferous vegetable and contains other powerful antioxidants that can fight against certain types of cancer, reduce inflammation, and speed up the body’s healing process. As a face mask, all you need to do is apply mild yellow mustard on your face and experience its soothing and revitalizing effect.
- Pamper Your Complexion with a Hydrating and Anti-Aging Egg Face Mask. Nourishing and rejuvenating, that’s how you’ll describe this simple yet amazing face mask that’s made of beaten egg, both yolk and egg white, for normal skin. For oily skin, it should be egg white only, to which a bit of honey or lemon juice can be added. Leave the mixture on your face for a half hour, then rinse. You’ll be surprised by the glamorous, silky complexion that an egg can produce in an unbelievably short time.