Dogs are man’s best friends.
But they can be your fiercest rival, too, when it comes to snacks and relaxing on the sofa with those snacks.
One fur dad was puzzled by noises coming from the living room where no one was present. He could hear crunching sounds and decided to check it out.
To his surprise and amusement, his Dachshund, named Maroni, was on the sofa and enjoying the bag of chips he had left in the living room. As the dog met his owner’s gaze, there was an expression of mere nonchalance.
“Is there something I can do for you?” Maroni’s eyes seemed to say as he went on munching.
The dog’s reaction has earned more than 2 million views on Tiktok, where his owner posted the video with the following caption: “What you find if you follow the crunch.”
A lot of people were amused by the post, with some of them reminded of their own pets who guiltlessly do and eat what they should not be doing and eating as well.
Talking about eating what it should not be consuming, experts do advise dog owners not to allow their dogs to eat potato chips. These snacks are unhealthy for dogs due to their high sodium content and because they’re fried in oil.
Moreover, the American Kennel Club has issued the following update on its website: “Recent research has suggested that potatoes, while not poisonous, may not be appropriate for a dog’s everyday diet. From the UC Davis School of Medicine: ‘The U.S. Food and Drug Administration recently issued an alert about reports of canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) in dogs eating certain pet foods containing peas, lentils, other legume seeds, or potatoes as main ingredients. DCM is a disease of the heart muscle that leads to reduced heart pumping function and increased heart size. The alterations in heart function and structure can result in severe consequences such as congestive heart failure or sudden cardiac death. While the most common cause of DCM is genetic, on rare occasions other factors can also result in the condition, particularly in breeds that are not frequently affected.’”
Other commenters on Tiktok have also warned about suffocation due to chip bags, which have already killed hundreds of dogs.
As for Maroni’s reaction after being caught, many could not help smiling and expressing their own amusement:
“Not an ounce of guilt 😂,” a Tiktok user remarks.
“‘Oh hey, you know you should try these, they’re really great’ 😂” another jokingly writes from the Dachshund’s POV.
“This exactly like my dog when he’s munching away and I come face to face with him 😂😂😂,” comments another.
“Absolutely NO regrets! 😂👀👀,” another person gleefully agrees.