Hero Kitten Named Thor Saves Family Of Four From Deadly Poisoning

A 4-month-old kitten named Thor is being hailed a hero after saving a family of four from deadly poisoning.

The City of Farmington Hills, Michigan shared about the incident on Facebook, explaining that Heidi and Ronald Stamper were home for the night with their two kids, 13-year-old Paige and 11-year-old Quinn, and their cat, Thor.

Photo: YouTube/Inside Edition

After everyone went to sleep, Thor woke Heidi with a “screeching cry” and she noticed he was visibly sick. Despite it being the middle of the night, Heidi took Thor outside to calm him down and quickly noticed his symptoms alleviated.

With Thor feeling better, Heidi returned to her home and went back to sleep. But it wasn’t long before Thor woke her again – this time, though, Heidi couldn’t get up. Speaking with Inside Edition, she explained that she wasn’t able to move. She’d sweated through all of her clothes and felt sick to her stomach.

Photo: YouTube/Inside Edition

Thankfully, Thor’s screeching woke the two children who were able to get their half-conscious parents outside and call 911.

As the city shared on Facebook, all four family members were suffering from “severe effects” of carbon monoxide poisoning. They all required specialized care and had to be flown to a hospital in another city for life-saving treatment.

Apparently, the family had experienced a power outage so they used a generator in their garage to keep their appliances running. They didn’t realize, however, that the generator was slowly leaking a deadly odorless gas into their home: carbon monoxide. The home was not equipped with a carbon monoxide detector.

Photo: YouTube/Inside Edition

Farmington Hills Fire Chief Jon Unruh said in the Facebook post, “The Fire Department reminds everyone that generators should NEVER be used inside homes, garages, basements, sheds or any other enclosed or partially enclosed spaces. In this case, using a portable generator in an enclosed garage almost had deadly consequences.”

Thankfully, all four family members survived and they’re crediting Thor for saving them.

In an interview with Inside Edition, Unruh said: “Thor played a crucial role in saving the family of four. All four of them were suffering from severe effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.”

The city added, “Thankfully, the whole family survived, and Thor is being hailed as a hero and credited with saving their lives.”

Check out the video below:

Heid shared on Facebook that they’re recovering well and the kids were the least affected. She added that “Thor is living his bestest life with all the treats, toys and lovin’.”

People, Pets & Planet

Help where it’s needed most at GreaterGood for free!

Whizzco